Midas is an award-winning, integrated communications agency working at the heart of the publishing, arts, culture, and heritage sectors. We transform brands with brilliantly bold ideas.
Midas is recruiting for an experienced publicist to join our dynamic books and culture teams as an Account Manager or Senior Account Manager. You will be working across books of all genres – from children’s stories to crime thrillers, business books to literary fiction and everything in between – alongside a wide range prizes, festivals, publishing and cultural clients.
We are looking for someone with at least 4 or 5 years’ experience working in PR – ideally including agency experience – who can hit the ground running, working individually on a range of campaigns as well as supporting senior members of the team on our flagship accounts. You will need to be open to working across a wide range of publishing and cultural accounts.
Creative, enthusiastic and well-organised, you will have experience of delivering outstanding client care, liaising with multiple-stakeholders, and working closely with key journalists. You will have demonstrated your ability to obtain high profile media coverage that helps drive both footfall, sales and brand awareness and to target publicity strategically towards an identified readership.
Our enviable client list – spanning books, arts, culture, music, entertainment and much more – includes the likes of Audible, Sugar Studios and BookTrust, festivals such as Henley Festival, Theakston’s Crime Writing Festival and Cliveden Literature Festival, literary prizes like the Windham Campbell Prizes and the Wolfson History Prize, publishing industry corporate comms for The Booksellers Association, Bookshop.org and The London Book Fair and for publishers including Headline, Pan Macmillan, Walker, Penguin Random House, Charco, Oxford Children’s, and Quarto. Midas is proud to have run publicity campaigns for some of the most-loved storytellers and illustrators in the business, including Maggie O’Farrell, Amanda Owen, Ben Okri, Piers Torday, RJ Palacio, Dianne Buswell, Andrea Maclean, Allie Esiri, Giles Kristian, Margaret Heffernan and Maria Isabel Sánchez Vegara.
- Minimum 4 or 5 years’ experience working in a busy PR team, ideally with agency experience
- Proven track record of planning and executing your own PR campaigns
- Culture vulture for books, culture and the wider arts
- Strong writing skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated, hard-working and a team player
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good communicator
- Exceptional client management
- Ability to juggle accounts and work with a broad range of people
- Demonstrable proficiency on social media
- Comprehensive knowledge of the UK media across print, broadcast and digital
- You’ll play a key role leading accounts, planning and implementing PR campaigns
- Running events and press launches
- Client and talent liaison, consultation and reputation management
- Coordinating administrative responsibilities for client management
- The opportunity to work with some of the UK’s leading publishing and culture brands
- A supportive team and a stimulating work environment
- Internal training and mentoring to help you progress in your career
- An annual culture bonus to a subscription/membership of your choice
- 23 days holiday (+3 gifted days for office closure between Christmas and New Year)
- A fantastic summer hours policy, where all staff can take off Friday afternoons in the summer month – this time off is in addition to holiday allocation
- An enviable, vibrant location slap bang in the middle of the West End, sandwiched between Trafalgar and Leicester Squares, with all the amazing theatres, galleries and shops on our doorstep
- Monthly cultural outings provided by the company, which in the past have included cinema, gallery and theatre trips
- Opportunity to attend client cultural events such as book launches, book awards, cultural festivals, gallery openings etc
- Free membership to the stylish Arboretum member’s club in the building (London’s first net zero member’s club), which has a gym & table tennis
- A competitive starting salary £30-35K dependent on experience plus benefits
The Midas team is currently hybrid working between home and 2/3 days in our offices in Central London, just off Trafalgar Square.
Please email a full CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: AM/SAM APPLICATION FOR BOOKS & CULTURE TEAMS (YOUR NAME)
Midas is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.