Award-winning integrated communications agency, Midas, has an opening for an exceptional publicist to join the team as Account Director.
Our new Account Director will have the opportunity to work on an incredible range of arts, culture & entertainment clients spanning live events, prizes, exhibitions, festivals, books of all genres, and beyond.
Our clients include the likes of Audible, Affordable Art Fair, World Book Night and BookTrust, festivals such as Henley Festival, S.O.U.L. Fest and Cliveden Literature Festival, literary prizes like the Windham Campbell Prizes and Wolfson History Prize, publishing industry comms for The Booksellers Association and The London Book Fair, and with publishers including Headline, Pan Macmillan, Penguin Random House, Oxford Children’s, and Dialogue plus leading authors such as Patricia Cornwell and Maggie O’Farrell.
Who We’re Looking For
As an agency that lives and breathes all things culture, we’re looking for someone who shares our passion for books, culture, heritage and the arts.
Ideally with PR experience including agency experience, you will be a highly motivated Account Director – or SAM/similar ready to step up – with experience leading key client accounts. You will be expert at developing and implementing PR campaigns, as well as fostering strong client relationships, and contributing to new business generation.
You will be a brilliant communicator and persuasive writer with a nose for a story, and have demonstrable experience securing high profile, impactful media coverage, plus a meticulous eye for detail.
- Direct accounts across the arts & culture spectrum, taking responsibility for account management from strategy to execution
- Serve as the main point of contact for clients, ensuring first class service delivery and client satisfaction
- Secure high-impact media placements across various platforms, including print, online, and broadcast
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key media contacts in the arts and culture landscape
- Represent Midas at external events, industry forums, conferences, pitches, presentations and seminars
- Manage junior members of staff including overseeing campaigns and work allocation, supporting on career development, and providing guidance and mentorship
- Researching, creating, presenting new business pitches and proposals
Skills & Experience:
- Solid experience working in a busy PR team, ideally with agency experience
- Proven track record of managing client relationships, and developing and executing your own PR campaigns
- Comprehensive knowledge of the UK media landscape across print, broadcast, digital and social – and extensive contacts
- Culture vulture for books, culture and the wider arts
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to juggle accounts and work with a broad range of people
Attitude & Approach :
- A growth mindset, we are looking for someone with a positive outlook, and willing to give anything a try
- Flexibility and adaptability, someone who doesn’t want the same old thing day in, day out
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced, high achieving environment
- Calm and clear-thinking under pressure
- Resilience and tenacity, who sees things through until the end and all experiences as growth learning opportunities
- Someone who values teamwork and loves to celebrates their colleagues’ success as much as their own
What We’re Offering:
- A competitive starting salary dependent on experience starting at c.£40-K, plus benefits
- The opportunity to work with some of the UK’s leading culture brands and creative individuals
- Career growth, and the opportunity to forge your own area of expertise and follow your passions
- A supportive team and a stimulating work environment
- Internal training and mentoring to help you progress in your career
- A monthly culture club covered by the company, which in the past include theatre trips, gallery visits, pottery painting and cinema outings
- An annual culture bonus to a subscription/membership of your choice
- 23 days holiday plus extra gifted days for the two week office closure over Christmas and New Year
- A fantastic summer hours policy, where all staff can work extended days Mon- Thurs and take off Friday afternoons in the summer months – this time off is in addition to holiday allocation
- An enviable, vibrant location in the middle of the West End, sandwiched between Trafalgar and Leicester Squares, with all the amazing theatres, galleries and shops on our doorstep
- Regular opportunities to attend client cultural events such as book launches, awards, festivals, gallery openings etc.
- Free membership to the Arboretum member’s club in our building (London’s first net zero member’s club), which has a gym & table tennis
- Hybrid working with 2 days in our offices in Central London
- Please email a full CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Wednesday 31 January 2024 with the subject line: Account Director APPLICATION (YOUR NAME)
Midas is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.