Award-winning integrated communications agency, Midas, has opened applications to its highly sought-after PR training programme.
The successful entry-level candidate will be given hands on training to learn the fundamentals of PR in a friendly and inclusive environment. The Midas training programme is aimed at helping talented individuals with an interest in books and culture develop their PR skills by working alongside and learning from a team of highly experienced publicists on active campaigns.
This is an incredible opportunity for an enthusiastic culture lover to take their first step on the career ladder at one of the country’s leading culture, books, arts and heritage agencies.
At the end of the placement trainees will either be offered a full-term contract at Midas or supported to find a role elsewhere in the industry. Previous Midas trainees have gone on to work at some of the UK’s leading cultural organisations including the BBC, BAFTA, British Council, Penguin, Macmillan, Glyndebourne, Southbank, Bonnier, Imperial War Museum and many more.
Training is provided on a fixed term 3-month basis. The placement is paid at a competitive rate.
Midas is proud to have run publicity campaigns for some of the most-loved creative brands, events, storytellers and illustrators in the UK. Our clients include the likes of Audible, Affordable Art Fair and BookTrust, festivals such as Henley Festival, Theakston’s Crime Writing Festival and Cliveden Literature Festival, literary prizes like the Windham Campbell Prizes and the Wolfson History Prize, publishing industry corporate comms for The Booksellers Association, Bookshop.org and The London Book Fair and for publishers including Headline, Pan Macmillan, Penguin Random House, Oxford Children’s, and Quarto.
Our offices are at the heart of the West End directly opposite the National Portrait Gallery and include an onsite gym, a private members club, and we organise regular socials, cultural outings and get togethers. We offer hybrid working, with a minimum of two days in the office per week.
Who we are looking for
As an agency that lives and breathes all things culture, we’re looking for someone who shares our passion for books, culture, heritage and the arts.
- A demonstrable passion for one (or more!) of the industries we work across (books, arts & culture, entertainment)
- An interest in the media, as well as in publicity/marketing/journalism
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- A meticulous eye for detail
- Thriving on a busy environment, you’ll be an enthusiastic team player with a can-do attitude
- You won’t just be shadowing behind the scenes: you’ll be getting stuck in and learning on the job
- Understanding the media landscape and how to create stories that make the news
- Writing press releases and pitches
- Attending brainstorming sessions
- Researching interesting storylines and hooks to help build pitches and features for clients
- Supporting with preparing clients for media interviews
- Attending launch events and networking with journalists
- Working as part of a close-knit team to deliver coverage
- Learning how to build brands on social media
- Collating, analysing and evaluating media coverage
- Contributing to the success of a series of high-profile PR campaigns at Midas
Please email a full CV with a covering letter to email@example.com with the subject line: TRAINEE APPLICATION (YOUR NAME)
Midas is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.