Award-winning integrated communications agency, Midas, has an opening for an exceptional publicist to join the team as Account Manager/Senior Account Manager.
Our new Account Manager or Senior Account Manager will have the opportunity to work on an incredible range of clients spanning live events, prizes, festivals, books of all genres, and beyond.
Our clients include the likes of Audible, Affordable Art Fair and BookTrust, festivals such as Henley Festival, Theakston’s Crime Writing Festival and Cliveden Literature Festival, literary prizes like the Windham Campbell Prizes and the Wolfson History Prize, publishing industry corporate comms for The Booksellers Association, Bookshop.org and The London Book Fair and for publishers including Headline, Pan Macmillan, Penguin Random House, Oxford Children’s, and Quarto. Midas is proud to have run publicity campaigns for some of the most-loved storytellers and illustrators in the UK.
Who We’re Looking For
As an agency that lives and breathes all things culture, we’re looking for someone who shares our passion for books, culture, heritage and the arts.
With 4-5 years’ experience in PR, ideally including agency experience, you’ll be able to hit the ground running, working collaboratively as part of a supportive team, or taking ownership over your own projects.
With a nose for story, you’ll have demonstrable experience obtaining high profile, targeted media coverage that creates real impact – whether footfall, sales or brand awareness – and connects with relevant audiences.
An excellent communicator and strong writer, you’ll be self-motivated with a meticulous eye for detail.
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience working in a busy PR team, ideally with agency experience
- Proven track record of planning and executing your own PR campaigns
- Culture vulture for books, culture and the wider arts
- Excellent organisational skills
- Exceptional client management
- Ability to juggle accounts and work with a broad range of people
- Comprehensive knowledge of the UK media landscape across print, broadcast, digital and social
- You’ll play a key role leading accounts, planning and implementing PR campaigns
- Running events and press launches
- Client and talent liaison, consultation and reputation management
- Coordinating administrative responsibilities for client management
- A competitive starting salary dependent on experience; the band for this role is c.£30-40K, dependent on experience, plus benefits
- The opportunity to work with some of the UK’s leading culture brands and creative individuals
- A supportive team and a stimulating work environment
- Internal training and mentoring to help you progress in your career
- A monthly culture club covered by the company, which in the past include theatre trips, gallery visits, pottery painting and cinema outings
- An annual culture bonus to a subscription/membership of your choice
- 23 days holiday (+3 gifted days for office closure between Christmas and New Year)
- A fantastic summer hours policy, where all staff can take off Friday afternoons in the summer months – this time off is in addition to holiday allocation
- An enviable, vibrant location in the middle of the West End, sandwiched between Trafalgar and Leicester Squares, with all the amazing theatres, galleries and shops on our doorstep
- Regular opportunities to attend client cultural events such as book launches, awards, festivals, gallery openings etc.
- Free membership to the Arboretum member’s club in our building (London’s first net zero member’s club), which has a gym & table tennis
- Hybrid working with 2/3 days in our offices in Central London
Please email a full CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: AM/SAM APPLICATION (YOUR NAME)
Midas is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.