Winners unmasked at Specsavers Crime Thriller Awards 2013 on ITV3
Winners unmasked at Specsavers Crime Thriller Awards 2013
Last night, celebrity guests including Idris Elba, Kara Tointon, Marina Cole, Lee Child, Peter James, Ruth Wilson, Mark Billingham and Anna Maxwell Martin gathered to celebrate the UK’s most wanted crime fiction and drama at a dazzling ceremony at London’s Grosvenor House Hotel, hosted by Bradley Walsh.
● David Tennant of Broadchurch in the Best Actor Dagger
● Olivia Colman of Broadchurch in the Best Actress Dagger
● Andrew Buchan of Broadchurch in the Best Supporting Actor Dagger
● Amelia Bullmore of Scott & Bailey in the Best Supporting Actress Dagger
● The Killing III in the International TV Dagger
● Skyfall in the Film Dagger
● Malcolm MacKay for the Crime Thriller Book Club Best Read
● Mick Herron for the CWA Goldsboro Gold Dagger
● Derek B Miller for the CWA John Creasey New Blood Dagger
● Roger Hobbs for the CWA Ian Fleming Steel Dagger for Best Thriller of the Year
The awards, now in their sixth year, marked the culmination of ITV3’s six-week prime time series, The Crime Thriller Club which included a crime thriller version of the successful TV Book Club.
‘Living legends’ Martina Cole and Wilbur Smith were inducted into the CWA Hall of Fame at the awards ceremony in recognition of their contributions to the genre.
Brand new for 2013, The Crime Thriller Book Club Best Read was awarded to Malcolm MacKay for The Necessary Death of Lewis Winter.
The ceremony will be shown on ITV3 at 9pm on Sunday October 27.