Trailblazer Awards 2020 Winners Revealed by The London Book Fair
The winners of the fifth annual Trailblazer Awards were announced by The London Book Fair at a celebratory evening at White City House, London.
Recognising young talent under the age of 30 in publishing, the winners of the 2020 Trailblazer Awards are:
- Beth Farrell, Marketing Assistant, Blackwells
- Eleanor Pilcher, Marketing Manager, Avon, HC
- Gauthier Van Malderen, Founder and CEO, Perlego Ltd
- Harriet Egleton, Senior Literary Scout, Daniela Schlingmann Literary Scouting
- Madgalene Abraha, Editorial Manager, A Quick Ting On / Jacaranda
Clockwise from top left: Beth Farrell, Eleanor Pilcher, Gauthier Van Malderen, Harriet Egleton, Magdalene Abraha
The Trailblazer Awards are run by The London Book Fair, in partnership with the Publishers Association, supported by the Society of Young Publishers and BookBrunch.
Journalist Luke Blackall hosted the awards, with poet and author Laura Dockrill, and LBF Director, Jacks Thomas, delivering speeches.
Each of the winners was presented with their award by one of the judging panel including: Jacks Thomas, Publishers Association’s Ruth Howells, Society of Young Publishers’ Georgia Goodall, BookBrunch editor Neill Denny, and David Roche, Chairman of The London Book Fair.
Jacks Thomas, Director of The London Book Fair, commented: “This year’s winners are inspirational, pointing to a bright future for publishing. Already innovating key areas of publishing, discovering new voices, championing inclusivity and improving access to books, we cannot wait to see what they do next.”
The five winners each receive:
- VIP entry to The London Book Fair
- Dinner at the Book Society
- 12 months BookBrunch subscription
- Annual membership to Byte the Book