The Paul Foot Award 2012 Shortlist Announced
The Judging Panel for The Paul Foot Award 2012 has decided on the following shortlist, in alphabetical order:
• Tom Bergin Thomson Reuters
• Jonathan Calvert and Heidi Blake Sunday Times
• Ted Jeory Trial by Jeory blog
• Alexi Mostrous and Fay Schlesinger The Times
• Claire Newell, Graeme Paton, Holly Watt and Robert Winnett Daily Telegraph
• Andrew Norfolk The Times
• Rob Waugh Yorkshire Post
• Stephen Wright Daily Mail
Private Eye magazine and The Guardian newspaper set up the award for investigative or campaigning journalism in memory of Paul Foot, the journalist and great campaigner who died in 2004. The prize of ?5000 will be presented on Tuesday 26th February at BAFTA in London, with each of the runners up receiving ?1000.
The judges for this year’s Award are, in alphabetical order, Clare Fermont, Bill Hagerty, Ian Hislop, Brian MacArthur (Chair) and Alan Rusbridger.
Further information on each of the eight short-listed campaigns, as well as the long-listed entries, is outlined on the attached release.