LBF’s The Research & Scholarly Publishing Forum line-up
Elsevier, Wiley, Sage, Springer Nature, Biochemical Society and Liverpool University Press among speakers at
LBF’s The Research & Scholarly Publishing Forum
- Elsevier’s Dr Michiel Kolman to deliver keynote (pictured)
- Impact of Open Access and future of peer review under discussion
Wednesday 11 April, 09:00-13:20 Olympia Conference Centre, London
The London Book Fair 2018’s Research and Scholarly Publishing Forum (11 April 2018) will tackle the global trends and major issues shaping the future of academic publishing, including the impact of Open Access and the future of peer review processes.
The conference will be chaired by Anthony Cond, Liverpool University Press, and Niamh O’Connor, Biochemical Society. Speakers discussing these crucial issues include Dr Michiel Kolman, Elsevier & Internatonal Publishers Association, Carrie Calder, Springer Nature.
Sara Miller McCune, Founder of Sage Publishing and winner of LBF’s Lifetime Achievement Award will also speak to the conference.
Keynote speaker Dr. Michiel Kolman is Senior VP Information Industry Relations and Academic Ambassador Emeritus at Elsevier, as well as President of the International Publishers Association. He holds a PhD in astrophysics from Columbia University, and was listed in the Financial Times’ Top 100 ranking of most influential LGBT senior executives.
- Who Will- or can- benefit from the increase in freely- available research content? With Carrie Calder, Springer Nature and Christian Kohl, Kohl Consulting, Chaired by Jake Zarnegar, Silverchair.
- From Large to Small: Making Sense of It All, with Steven Inchcoombe, Springer Nature and speakers from Wiley and Elsevier
The full programme is available here:-
- Title: The Research & Scholarly Publishing Forum
- Date: Wednesday 11 April
- Time: 09:00 – 13:20
- Location: Olympia Conference Centre, West London
- Price: £199 + VAT
- This includes a FREE Visitor Ticket to The London Book Fair 10-12 April