Authors at the Fair: Jacqueline Wilson, Joanna Trollope, Lauren Child, David Baldacci
Jacqueline Wilson, Joanna Trollope, Kit de Waal, Jon Snow, Adam Kay, Lauren Child, David Baldacci, Charlie Adlard, Laura Bates, and Chris Riddell among The London Book Fair 2018 Author Line Up
London. 27th March 2018: The London Book Fair has unveiled a star-studded line-up of authors taking part in this year’s Fair, including: Kit de Waal, Adam Kay, David Baldacci, Jacqueline Wilson, Joanna Trollope, Children’s Laureate Lauren Child, Comics Laureate, and Charlie Adlard.
Alongside the Fair’s Authors of the Day – Joanna Trollope (Tuesday), Mihkel Mutt, Nora Ikstena and Kristina Sabaliauskaitė (Wednesday; representing the Baltics Market Focus) and Dame Jacqueline Wilson (Thursday) – Charlie and Lola author and illustrator, Lauren Child MBE, will act as the Fair’s first Illustrator of the Day, award-winning poet Imtiaz Dharker will be the first Poet of the Fair, and Comics Laureate, Charlie Adlard, will be Cross-Media Author of the Day on Thursday.
Additional authors taking part in LBF 2018 include: award-winning mental health campaigners and writers Jonny Benjamin MBE and Natasha Devon MBE; Everyday Sexism Project founder and feminist writer, Laura Bates; Cathy Rentzenbrink; Gnomon author Nick Harkaway; children’s writer Vivian French MBE; Josie Silver, Jon Snow, Jennifer Clement, Amy Sackville; Amazon Kindle’s #1 bestselling author, Rachel Abbott.
Author highlights at The London Book Fair 2018 include:
- Children’s Laureate, Lauren Child MBE will be sharing an insight into her career journey, in conversation with the Association of Illustrators (Wednesday 11th April, 11:30-12:30) and joining a panel discussion around The Klaus Flugge prize for picture books (Wednesday 11th April, 14:30)
- Kit de Waal will be in conversation with author, Cathy Rentzenbrink, discussing de Waal’s new book, The Trick to Time, out 29th March (Tuesday 10th April, 15:30)
- Adam Kay, celebrated author of This is Going to Hurt: Memoirs of a Junior Doctor, discusses Memoirs that Matter – a look at the growing trend for memoirs written by extraordinary ordinary people (Wednesday 11th April, 14:30-15:30)
- Bestselling author, David Baldacci, will be sharing an insight into his writing methods and creative approach in a How I Write session at Author HQ (Tuesday 10th April, 16:45)
- Award-winning mental health campaigner, film producer, public speaker and writer, Jonny Benjamin MBE, and writer, campaigner and social critic, Natasha Devon MBE will be joining Sue Baker, Director at mental health charity, Mind, on a panel titled: Being Mental: Is There a Right Way to Publish on Mental Health? (Tuesday 10th April, 13:00)
- Imtiaz Dharker will be in be in conversation about her work and new collection with award-winning poet and short story writer Jen Campbell (Wednesday 11th April, 16:00)
- Nick Harkaway author of Gnomon, Angel Maker and Tigerman in conversation with Steven Gale (Wednesday 11th April, 11:00)
- Chris Riddell will be doing live drawing (Wednesday 11th April, 17:30)
- Dame Jacqueline Wilson will be taking part in a spotlight on children’s publishing in Author HQ (Thursday 12th April, 12:45) in addition to an in conversation session (14:30)
- Rachel Abbott, Amazon Kindle’s #1 bestselling author, will join a panel in Author HQ (Tuesday 10th April, 10:45)
- Everyday Sexism Project founder and feminist writer, Laura Bates, will be in conversation (Tuesday 10th April, 12:30-13:00)
- American-Mexican author, and president of PEN International, Jennifer Clement, will be in conversation (Wednesday 11th April, 10:00)
- Award-wining author and creative writing teacher, Amy Sackville will be in conversation with comic book artist David Hahn (Thursday 12th April, 11:00)
- Children’s writer Vivian French MBE, co-founder of Picture Hooks, an organisation that encourages and inspires emerging picture book illustrators, will join a panel investigating what makes a picture book successful (Thursday 12th April, 10:00)
- Screenwriter and Dr Who actor, Nick Briggs, will be joining a panel at the Quantum conference on Creating Compelling Audiobooks (Monday 9th April)
- Tom Goodwin, LinkedIn’s ‘#1 voice on marketing 2017&18’, whose upcoming book, Digital Darwinism, is out later this year, will deliver a keynote at the Quantum conference (Monday 9 April)
- Debut author Josie Silver, whose romantic novel, One Day in December (already sold in 19 territories) is out in November will be at the Fair on Thursday
To apply for a press pass for The London Book Fair, please visit: