Audible Brings A.S. Byatt’s Acclaimed Short Stories & Novels To Audio
Changing the face of literary fiction with writing which slips between detective riddle, romantic satire and Freudian fairy-tale, A.S. Byatt’s iconic works will be made available in audio for the first time in a special collection set to be released exclusively on Audible on 21st February 2019.
Named by The Times as one of the 50 greatest British writers since 1945 alongside Ian McEwan, Muriel Spark, Salman Rushdie, Angela Carter and Philip Pullman, Byatt’s works have won the Man Booker Prize, the Erasmus Prize and the James Tait Black Memorial Prize. The adaptation of her novel Angels & Insects was nominated for an Academy Award.
Comprised of ten novels and five short-story collections, these never-before-heard works will showcase the author’s most celebrated writing. Titles include:
- Possession (narrated by BAFTA-nominee Samuel West)
- The Children’s Book (narrated by four-time, BAFTA-nominee Juliet Stevenson)
- The Shadow Of The Sun (narrated by Yolanda Kettle)
- The Game (narrated by Julie Teal)
- Angels & Insects (narrated by John Sackville and Sally Scott)
- The Biographer’s Tale (narrated by Thomas Judd)
- The Virgin In The Garden (narrated by Sophie Aldred)
- Still Life (narrated by Sophie Aldred)
- Babel Tower (narrated by Sophie Aldred)
- A Whistling Woman (narrated by Sophie Aldred)
Short Story Collections