Midas was appointed to deliver a high-profile and impactful campaign for Naked in Mayfair, the debut novel from the anonymous author writing under the pseudonym The Secret Socialite which was published by Whitefox on 15 June 2023.
Our objectives were to deliver a variety of significant national coverage, launch and build The Secret Socialite’s online profile through social media content and influencer engagement, to drive book sales. We were also required to ensure her anonymity was protected throughout the campaign.
Midas worked closely with The Secret Socialite to develop key media hooks to secure impactful media coverage, drawing on the author’s personal experience, the inspiration for and themes within the novel, and topical news that we could look to issue-jump.
To create excitement and buzz ahead of publication and build intrigue around The Secret Socialite, Midas developed and delivered a detailed content and brand strategy to launch the author’s Twitter and Instagram channels.
Midas approached high-profile influencers across the lifestyle, sexual wellness, and books industries to offer ‘Instagrammable’ VIP packages. We briefed the influencers to create and post content around publication week, that promoted the book, encouraged their followers to visit author’s social channels and buy a copy of the book.
To ensure the campaign reached our target demographic and help drive wider interest in the book, Midas secured a brand partnership with the trendy dating app Thursday. As part of our partnership, we hosted a giveaway on their channels and worked with the creative team to launch a buzzy book club event for 30+ singles, hosted by dating and matchmaker Sarah Louise Ryan, which helped create further intrigue around the book and the author.
Midas secured several pieces of national newspaper coverage for Naked in Mayfair including a double page interview in the Daily Mail and glowing reviews in The Sun, Daily Mirror and the Daily Star, alongside magazine coverage in Grazia, Bella, Woman’s Own and Evoke and further syndicated online coverage. The Secret Socialite was the lead interview on Loose Women, which generated lots of noise on social media and in the national press following the interview.
‘A gloriously naughty read about the lives and loves of the rich and beautiful’
– THE SUN
‘This addictive book gives a fascinating insight into Ava’s glamorous and troubled life.’
– WOMAN’S OWN
Our influencer engagement secured 32 influencers, who shared 67 pieces of content to date with a total reach of 816K across Instagram, TikTok and Twitter. This activity helped create a splash on socials and grow the author’s following online. In addition to posting content, Midas also targeted book bloggers and influencers drive reviews on the Amazon page.
Here’s what influencers said about Naked In Mayfair:
- Kennie Cheng ‘Naked is different to everyone, to me, “naked” is to embrace one’s uniqueness, strength, and resilience, challenging gender norms and asserting equality. It urges women to stand tall in their vulnerability and showcase their inherent power, inspiring others to do the same. Just like the main character Ava, she’s confident, brave and successful and she’s also “naked”.
- Anastasiya Bazhenkova ‘For me, it’s very inspiring to see that woman can “have it all” – mostly because I am trying to be on that level myself.’
- Aleksandra Volkova ‘Naked in Mayfair’ is an absolute page-turner! The author skillfully weaves a tale of love, passion, and heartache that will leave readers captivated from start to finish.’
- Littlereadswithem: ‘This book brought A LOT of spice with it!!’
- Berry_bookshelf: ‘I was so happy to read the growth of Ava accepting herself and realising she was good enough with or without a man and just living for the moment.’