The UK’s most glamorous music and arts festival, presented by Westcoast, returned to the riverbanks of Henley-on-Thames from 5 – 9 July 2023, for five unforgettable nights of world-class music, comedy, dining, and dancing. As well as being appointed to deliver a media campaign for Henley Festival’s 2023 edition, Midas also executed an influencer campaign to reach new audiences and increase engagement for the Festival.
The key objective was to engage established influencers and content creators who could help to raise the profile of the Festival, inviting them to attend and share content on their social media channels, which was primarily Instagram and Instagram Stories.
Preparation involved researching the influencers best placed to help promote and celebrate Henley’s legacy, and communicate key messages around the Festival’s positioning and unique offering. To make the content relatable to a variety of audiences, we made sure to approach content creators from a range of different backgrounds and sectors, creating bespoke pitches and press releases that shone a particular highlight on each aspect of the Festival, including music, comedy, art, food and lifestyle.
By including a specific focus on social media activity for the 2023 campaign, we were able to secure 17 influencers with a total reach of over 3 million, to attend and share content at the Festival.
The following influencers attended and shared content on both Instagram Stories and their main grid:
- Carl Cunard (1.1 million followers)
- Wanderlust Ruby (45.2k followers)
- Stephyttravels (27.7k followers)
- Olivia Cox (32.9k followers)
- Emma Conybeare (42.6k followers)
- Helen Wills here and here (8.4k followers)
- The Make Up Mouse (9.8k followers)
- Caracountrylife here and here (38.8k followers)
- Joey de Cordero here and here (10k followers)
- Communing With The Campbells here, here and here (6.2k followers)
- Sonali Shah here and here (13.5k followers)
- Wordchild (99.5k followers)
The following influencers attended and shared content on their Instagram Stories:
- Lorna Luxe (1.4m followers)
- Zara Deniz (156K followers)
- Archie Versarchie (19k followers)
- Salwa Rahman (31.8k followers)
- Michael Hardwick (16.8k followers)